Sunday, March 9, 2014

A little news...

Gees I have been a little MIA.... not posting in over a month! Our little family has some news to share:

Announcement we sent to family and friends

Aaron and I are over the moon excited... just trying to soak it all in. I have been a little under the weather but trying to keep a positive attitude through it all. 

How We Found Out
Over Christmas holidays, I just felt off (tired/emotional/zoned out). My mom drove me back to Atlanta to help with our Master bath painting project while Aaron went hunting. Fast forward two days and Aaron was driving back to Georgia. After seeing that positive test, I ran straight to the store to buy a favorite childhood book to have Aaron open. Aaron came home late that night and was about to hop in the shower before I begged him to open one last "Christmas" gift. Needless to say there were lots of teary eyes and "Oh my goodness" but we very, very happy.

Are We Finding Out The Gender?
Heck Yes! This Southern girl has to have her monogramming completed beforehand. We are hoping our appointment is before Easter so we can tell our families when we go home.

Nursery Decor
I have been pinning on a secret Pinterest board ever since we found out. I am aiming for a gender neutral base with pops of color once we find out if it is a he or she. All the furniture has been picked out; just waiting to order once we have the room painted and carpet replaced.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's SO exciting! I'm not sure how people don't find out...I would have to spend twice as much on clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So many fun memories ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Congrats on your exciting news!!!!! You will love being a mom, best thing ever!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete